Assistant General Manager
Assistant General Manager Vacancy
Forge International (BVI) Ltd
Forge International is seeking a highly motivated business professional with previous experience working in co-working or within entrepreneurial training, acceleration or incubator environments. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the two Forge locations; hiring and managing community coordinators, event coordinator and membership manager. They will also assist in the launch of the new co-working space and training center.
- Launch Forge BVI community from zero members to over 100 members in year 1.
- Build a business relationship network within the BVI and greater Caribbean region.
- Recruit members, establish a presence as a thought-leader in entrepreneurship in the region
- Hire and train a community team and act as lead to the community team
- Manage Forge campus budget and deliver upon revenue goals, reporting regularly to directors
- Work with directors on annual budget creation, and manage financial accountability.
- Meet and exceed monthly membership goals
- Fill the pipeline of potential community members and onboard anchor members
- Establish marketing programs and work with the team on implementing these programs
- Support partnership relationships
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a fully-functioning campus
- Actively manage an inbound funnel of individuals and companies that are interested in Forge membership
- On-board all members of the Forge and manage their memberships
- Attend community events and other marketing opportunities on behalf of the Forge.
- Work with Entrepreneurial Programming Director to implement programming schedule and educational content.
- Engage with programming partners: vetting incoming speaking/teaching requests, reviewing Forge partner content
- Build relationships with local stakeholders and partners to assist with relevant content delivery.
- Recruit, manage, and schedule top mentors to advise members with their startup needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Communications
- Previous experience working with, or ideally managing, a co-working facility
- 3+ years of experience in the entrepreneurial world
- Understanding of terms such as “lean”, “MVP”, “seed funding”, “bootstrapped”, “B2B” and more.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, being flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial skill-set
- Past entrepreneurial pursuits a plus.
- Previous experience in educational programming / events a plus.
- Previous client management or hospitality experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly develop relationships and establish credibility through consultative needs based conversation.
- Ability to think on your feet to creatively solve members’ needs.
- Must be comfortable meeting and exceeding monthly quotas and handling rejections.
- Good manager of people, is able to motivate through positive reinforcement.
Remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Charisse Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until position is filled.